Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day Three: If You Can't Beat It Make Him Join You And Kick Butt Together

Every morning I drag myself out of bed, dress in my ill- fitting workout clothes, and walk two to three miles on the treadmill. While I don't particularly enjoy this morning ritual, I realize it is a big part of the 30 for 30 goal. I do it without too much hatred and complaint. However, at Oprah's urging (via the Bootcamp program she endorsed a couple years ago), I have decided to do an additional evening workout twice a week.

This second workout is primarily focused on toning with a little cardio mixed in. I don't know if its the fact that I've already worked out once during the day or that the later time means I'll miss some wonderful prime time t.v., but I loathe the second workout. Today, I found myself delaying it in 15 -minute increments while I sat on the couch. I simply did not want to do it. Misery loves company, so I made the hubby promise to join me in this evening workout at an agreed upon time. He put up some small protests, but I quickly put an end to that. We would meet in the living room in our gym clothes at 8:00.

Before I knew it, it was time for our workout. He huffed and I puffed, but neither of us would quit for fear of being the weak one. Our healthy competition allowed us to encourage one another and, most importantly, finish the workout. I must admit it was one of the hardest and best evening workouts I've had so far. I think the hubby and I have a new kind of date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment