Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day One: The Challenge


A few months ago I found an old journal and sadly discovered that the old me is not so different from the current me. This desperate similarity is due, in large part, to the elusive goal of weight loss. Now, World Wide Web, I must confess I have never been thin or anything less than over weight. Losing weight has been my New Year’s Resolution since I was twelve.

When I was 20, I decided that it was time to buckle down and make some goals for myself. On the long list titled, "Things I Must Do Before I'm Thirty" weight loss is the only goal I have made zero progress towards. With the big 3-0 rapidly approaching, I have decided to take the bull by the horns and tackle this weight loss beast.

I have exactly 30 days to lose 30 pounds for my 30th birthday, and you World Wide Web will be privy to this intimate process. Hopefully my daily reports to you will keep me honest and accountable. So, goodbye delicious foods and excessive TV watching, and hello lean meals and exercise. I'm turning 30 and I'm going to do it 30 pounds lighter if it kills me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment