Well, hello World Wide Web. I know there's been a bit of a gap in my recording of this 30 for 30 challenge. I have been caught up in the cycle. For those of you who don't know what the cycle is, let me explain.
Every week I work really hard from Monday through Friday. Eating right working out everyday, the whole bit. As a result of this hard work I lose two or three pounds. Friday night rolls around, and I decide that I must celebrate my victory with a delicious, off plan meal. This celebration is then turned into a full on weekend feast. I eat whatever I want in large quantities. Monday comes and on top of my normal 'OMG It's Monday' anxiety I find that I've gained back all of the two or three pounds I'd lost. I pledge to work refocus and work really hard... and, well the cycle repeats.
Although I'm not giving up, I would be happy to lose five pounds by my birthday at this point. I've got to make some serious progress. So I'm breaking the cycle and buckling down with more resolve than I've ever had... I hope!
Don’t settle for a pink pony when you want a white stallion. Maybe you should make smaller goals like losing 1 pound a weak instead of 30 pounds in a large amount of time. This may help you with your weekend issues. Try eating high fiber, high protein foods especially when snacking and stay away from carbs (crackers, bread, white rice, potatoes, ect.).
ReplyDeleteNot all fats are bad. The good fats: Monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) while increasing HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol). Nuts including peanuts, walnuts, almonds and pistachios, avocado, canola and olive oil are high in MUFAs.
Polyunsaturated fats also lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol. Seafood like salmon and fish oil, as well as corn, soy, safflower and sunflower oils are high in polyunsaturated fats. Omega 3 fatty acids belong to this group.
The bad fats: Saturated fats raise total blood cholesterol as well as LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol). Saturated fats are mainly found in animal products such as meat, dairy, eggs and seafood. Some plant foods are also high in saturated fats such as coconut oil, palm oil and palm kernel oil.
Trans fats are invented as scientists began to "hydrogenate" liquid oils so that they can withstand better in food production process and provide a better shelf life. As a result of hydrogenation, trans fatty acids are formed. Trans fatty acids are found in many commercially packaged foods, commercially fried food such as French Fries from some fast food chains, other packaged snacks such as microwave popcorn as well as in vegetable shortening and hard stick margarine.
Good luck on you weight loss.
The milkman